A post from John Paul Foxe, Coordinator of the TA/GA Development Program:
We are currently in the process of attaining external accreditation for Levels 1 and 2 of the Ryerson Graduate Professional Development in Teaching Program through the SEDA UK Professional Development Framework (SEDA-PDF).
SEDA UK is a professional association for staff and educational developers in the UK that promotes innovation and good practice in higher education.
- An understanding of how people learn
- Scholarship, professionalism and ethical practice
- Working in and developing learning communities
- Working effectively with diversity and promoting inclusivity
- Continuing reflection on professional practice
- Developing people and processes
and SEDA Core Development Outcomes. Award recipients will be able to:
- Identify their own professional development goals, directions or priorities
- Plan for their initial and/or continuing professional development
- Undertake appropriate development activities
- Review their development and practice, and the relations between them
In addition, there are a number of specialist outcomes associated with the SEDA-PDF named award “Supporting Learning.” Award recipients will be able to:
- Use a variety of appropriate approaches to enable learning
- Use a variety of methods for evaluating their role in supporting learning
- Inform their professional role with relevant strategy, policy and quality considerations
We expect the accreditation process to be complete before September 2014, at which time those who complete Levels 1 and 2 of the Professional Development in Teaching Program will receive an internationally recognized certificate from SEDA UK.