The Instructional Skills Workshop is offered within a small group setting and is designed to enhance the teaching effectiveness of both new and experienced educators. Read more about the ISW
During the 4 week workshop (4 half days f2f and online participation, 24 hours total), participants design and conduct three “mini-lessons” and receive verbal, written and video feedback from the other participants who have been learners in the mini-lessons. Online in small groups, participants discuss various teaching and learning topics like hybrid teaching, active learning, including diverse students, and incorporating technology tools in teaching.
Congratulations to the Oct- Nov 2014 graduates!
The group generated a document on Effective Teaching and Effective Feedback
Our upcoming ISW is fully face-to-face on Fridays, Feb 27, Mar 6 and Mar 13.
Additional ISW Resources:
- BOPPPS (Bridge, Objectives, Pre-test, Participatory Learning, Post-test, Summary).
- Bloom’s taxonomy: Cognitive (Knowledge) – Affective (Attitude) – Psychomotor (Skills)
- Learning Differences Podcast and Resources
- Think Pair Share
- Interactive Lectures Summaries of 36 Formats
- Interactive lecturing: strategies for increasing participation in large group presentations
Do you have questions about blended and online teaching and learning? Contact Dalia Hanna, Manager, Teaching and Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org